Are you a pet lover or pet owner? You know how it feels when you are back at home and you find the green crime scene? Soil everywhere, your plant on the floor, your pot broken and your furry little friend looking guilty at you. Having both plants and animals isn’t always peaches and dandelions, right? You can make easier their coexistence following these super easy tips. Let’s see if your plant is animal-friendly.
Table of Contents
Find the perfect place for your pot
- Out of reach: the easiest way to solve the problem is to put your flowerpot in a place that is unreachable and that also fits with the needs of the plant.
- Separate existence: another easy solution is dedicating a room of your home only to your plants, without allowing your pets in it. If they can’t meet, they can’t argue.
Work with your pet
- Know the breed: some breeds love digging more than others, such as Terriers, so try to keep yourself informed.
- Start young: your pets need clear and coherent rules from the beginning of what they can or can’t do. The faster you start your animals’ education the better they understand.
- Know your pet’s behavior: does your pet get bored with being alone all day? You may provide chewy toys and other stuff so it can have fun when you are not there.
- Schedule playtime: as for humans, physical and mental stimulation reduce stress and boredom and improves health. Both cats and dogs love these kind of activities! They’ll be super happy.
Pick the right plants
If you are a pet lover you’ll certainly know that some plants are poisonous for your furry friend. Here is a list of pet-friendly plants – and the best part is that they also work great with our air purifiers:
- Chamaedorea Elegans (Bamboo Palm)
- Chlorophytum Comosum (Spider Plant)
- Gerbera Jamesonii (Barberton Daisy)
- Liriope Spicata (Lilyturf)
- Nephrolepis Exaltata (Boston Fern)
- Nephrolepis Obliterata (Kimberly Queen Fern
- Phoenix Roebelenii (Pygmy Date Palm)
- Rhapis Excels (Lady Palm)
Plants help reduce odors from pets
Did you know plants are also a great ally for your house air, especially if used with the power of air purifiers?
With our newest product, Natede – in the picture next to our little friend Camillo, and thanks to the combination of plants with its innovative photocatalytic filter, you will be able to capture and eliminate not only VOCs, viruses and bacteria, but you will also significantly alleviate odors from pets. Pre-order your Natede.
Have you tried some of these remedies or have you got some other tips to share for your animal-friendly plant? Tell us in the comments.